Here's how you can help SOAR!
Your direct donations - to SOAR or through PayPal - support patient care, ongoing care and support of our educational ambassador team, and help to provide programming.
Please click the 'Donate Now' button in the sidebar (you can note your category of support in the message line on PayPal) or send your donation to:
25494 320th St
Dedham, IA 51440
SOAR is a 501(c)3 and donations are tax-deductible, please contact your tax advisor if you have questions.
Bird patients, just like their human counterparts, are each unique. Treatment varies with each bird, but can include rehydration, special diets, de-worming, needing bandages, over-the-counter and prescription medicines, x-rays, surgeries, and special therapies.
Suggested donation amounts are $30, $75, $150, $300. No matter the donation, each bird receives the highest quality of care. Please send your tax-deductible donation marked 'Patient Support.'
Rescue Recovery Rehab Release Patient benefits $30 $75 $150 $300 Initial exam X X X X Transportation to/from Veterinarian; release site X
X Supplies and medical treatment X X X-rays and blood work X X Surgery or chelation therapy X
Your annual sponsorship helps to defray food and medical costs for our fleet of 'educational ambassadors.'
Please send your tax-deductible donation marked 'Education Bird Sponsor' and indicate if you have an adoption (species) preference. Suggested sponsor levels:
Silver $120/year or $10/month kestrel, saw-whet owl, screech owl, long-eared owl, short-eared owl Gold $240/year or $20/month red-tail hawk, great-horned owl, barred owl, peregrine falcon, gyrfalcon, snowy owl Platinum $360/year or $30/month bald eagles
SOAR receives many requests for programs each year from student and community groups, requests for SOAR to be at public events, plus opportunities to present SOAR research at professional meetings. Often times, these groups and organizations cannot provide the suggested donation and we all lose out on the opportunity to reach new audiences. Attending and presenting at a professional meeting involves registration, lodging, meal, and fuel costs.
Your support can help provide education programming or help SOAR get to public events and professional meetings! Please send your tax-deductible donation marked 'Education Program Sponsor' and note if you want to sponsor a specific program. Your donation need not cover the entire cost, nor be specified to a group. Donations marked 'Education Program Sponsor' will be set aside just for these needs!
Here are the current needs, please help if you can!
- Dubuque Bald Eagle Days – January 18, 2014 – asked SOAR to have a table set up on the issues of lead in the environment but group has no funding - $450
- Minnesota Wildlife Society Meeting - Request to present due by December 18 and event is February 4-6, 2014 - $1000 for Kay and intern to present data on lead poisoning in eagles and network on ways to solve this problem
- National Association for Interpretation Region V workshop in Rockford, IL - April 3-6, 2014 - $1000.00 for Terrie to go and talk to educators about lead poisoning in wildlife at a vendor booth
- Iowa State University Avian Club - $350 sponsor for eagle program
- Cornell College Environmental Club - $350 sponsor for eagle program
Other ways to help...
Donate needed items
- fish are needed to feed education eagles and osprey! First choice is carp (a 2-lb carp can feed 2-3 osprey for a day), then crappie or bluegill. Please do not use lead tackle when fishing for the osprey and please remove all hooks! Freeze fish as soon as you can. Contact SOAR to make arrangements or call Kay directly at (712) 830-6116.
- bags of pine shavings (shavings are used in travel boxes)
- retired climbing rope for bird perches
- medium, large, or extra-large plastic dog crates for ICU
If you are interested in donating items to SOAR that are not directly related to patient and education bird's care and keep (items like photos or artwork, a vehicle, a deep freeze), please contact Terrie at SOAR to discuss your thoughts.
Unique gifts for you or someone else are available here. If you have questions about anything you see in the store, please contact us!
SOARRaptors Amazon Wish List!
Here is an easy way to support SOAR by purchasing needed items that are shipped directly to us via our Amazon.com Wish List!
Attend a SOAR event, check the Upcoming Events page
Shop, Search, Dine and help SOAR
Download the GoodSearch toolbar to your browser (IE and Firefox compatible). Whenever you search using the GoodSearch search box, you can raise money for SOAR (there are some limitations, read about those at goodsearch.com). Whenever you shop online through GoodShop, you can raise money for SOAR. If you search the Internet, if you shop on-line, please use GoodSearch and GoodShop. If you dine out... check out the list of participating restaurants here, complete the registration, and each time you dine at a participating restaurant and use the registered credit card, SOAR receives a donation.
Write a review on Great Nonprofits!
If you love our work then tell the world! You have an exciting opportunity to help SAVING OUR AVIAN RESOURCES S O A R make even more of a difference in our community. GreatNonprofits - a site like Amazon Book Reviews or TripAdvisor - is a website where people can share their stories about nonprofits that have touched their lives. Won't you help us raise visibility and support for our work by posting a review of your experience with us? All reviews will be visible to potential donors and volunteers. Yes, you need to sign up on the Great Nonprofits website, but the sign-up and adding your review takes hardly any time at all. Thanks for your help.
SOAR never sells, rents, trades, or otherwise shares our supporters’ names, mailing addresses, email addresses, or other personal information with any other organization. SOAR never sends out mailings on behalf of other organizations.